Sunday, August 24, 2014

Let Me Introduce Myself

My name is Walesca Marrero I am a Puerto Rican who relocated to Grafton WV from Invereness Florida with my husband Paul and Children Nic, Matt and Victoria.  I grew up in Paterson New Jersey where I still have some family the majority are all in the Sunshine State. 

I am currently the Executive Director of the Taylor County Collaborative Family Resource Network a non-profit that works under a contract through the WV Dept. Health and Human Reources other wise know as WV DHHR. My job is to assess the needs of children and families then bring in community provider and non providers to develop ways to meet those needs. I also am responsible for finding the funding for any projects we do that requires grant writng & research.

What I hope to learn and accomplish in this class is to get a better understanding on how to use media literacy and digital tools. This will help me to develope new ways of conveying stories about my community, our young people, and provide a new resource for grant funders. 

I am also looking forward to expanding into my local schools and helping teachers and students on how to use digtial media for storytelling and apply it to social networking. I am hoping that this will empower students to use critical thinking to create new projects that will enhace skills needed in 21st Century learning.

Walesca

No comments:

Post a Comment