Monday, November 3, 2014

Life on the Line PSA

">
In Taylor County for the last five years we have seen a major increase in drug use. According to the Governor’s Drug Task force and WV Department of Health and Human Resources Bureau for Behavioral Health and Health Facilities. It was decided that in order to create a health and strong work force we as a state was going to have to address our local community drug issues. 

Here is what we found:


My PSA will address the public on Substance Abuse Prevention, Education and Community Coalitions.
I chose this topic because it is what I am currently working on in my county. We have addressed a need for a substance abuse prevention coalition in our community that can be used to host Town Hall meetings, provide education on substance abuse prevention, intervention and treatment.

It is our goal or mission per say to get our community involved in order to begin the process of building a drug free community. This will address everyone in the county from teachers, law enforcement, students and parents.



Our message focus will be to bring educational resources to our community by: 
  1. Develop a substance abuse prevention community and youth coalition.
  2. Poviding evidence base curriculum in our schools that will teach students about the dangers of drugs. 
  3. Host several town hall meeting in order to give updated information on drug trends. 
  4. Complete a community assessment on the knowledge of drugs in our community. 
  5. Develop a plan (with the guidance of the Coalition).

     How did you create your PSA to reach your intended audience? I kept my PSA simple and used PowerPoint and YouTube slide show creator. I wanted something that was short and clear in the message. I did not want to take away from the purpose of the message by using something to fancy or too long and loud. I wanted the PSA to reach everyone in my community young and old alike.
    For my persuasive techniques I quoted Governor Earl Ray Tomblin in slide three (3).
    Here is my PSA







    No comments:

    Post a Comment